Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Big Day Tomorrow

Ryan is finally getting his Mic-key button!  He was originally supposed to get it put in on December 26th, but he got admitted to CHOC for RSV instead.  So this day has been a long time coming!  The crazy thing is that we've already had an EDAC appointment scheduled for months for tomorrow, so we have to do that first.  Poor guy can't have any milk after 5:30am and his procedure is at 11:30.  His EDAC appointment is at 9am and they are going to evaluate him for an hour to an hour and a half as a NICU follow-up.  I had no idea the appointment would take that long until they called me today and left a message with that little piece of info.  Then, the Mic-key button part of the procedure should only take 5 minutes and the rest of the time he's sedated the hearing evaluators will be finishing the ABR hearing test he wasn't able to complete in December.  Everyone at CHOC has been awesome about letting us combine the GI procedure with the hearing test so we don't have to sedate him twice.  It definitely took some coordinating, but I'm so thankful that they were willing to accommodate this strange request.  GI even called me today to move him 30 minutes earlier since they had a cancellation so that we would have that much extra time in the room for the hearing test.  And even though I'm supposed to check in 2 hours prior, they know he has his EDAC appointment in the next building and they are ok with us coming straight over after.  I could use some prayers for my sanity so I can keep it together with this crazy schedule because with this crazy flu season the hospital has a policy that only parents can come in with the patient, so I'll be on my own since Dave will be at work.  But the biggest prayer requests are for an easy and painless mic-key button procedure, a successful hearing test (I'd even take a miracle here and ask that he can hear, or at least that they can figure out how to get him to hear), and a positive EDAC evaluation.  I'll let you know how everything turns out!

post signature

No comments: