Saturday, November 24, 2012

So thankful.

I don't even know where to begin other than to say we are just so thankful.  It's like God gives me these constant reminders that we have a 25 week miracle so I never forget how lucky we really are.  After having a full-term, healthy baby, you really take the statistics for granted.  I still look over preemie books and websites and my jaw drops when I read some of the stats.  We are so, so lucky.  I've always given thanks on this holiday, but really the level of gratitude I have for my family will never be the same.  I'm also thankful for the flu shot, the synagis (RSV) shot, and hand sanitizer!

Every year, my family heads to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Santa Monica for Thanksgiving.  We knew we wanted to bring Ryan this year, so we took lots of precautions and hand sanitizer and made our way out as a family of four.  It was the first time most of my extended family was able to meet him, and we were all so glad we went.  It's so nice to be able to get out of the house and carry on with some of the normal traditions of the holidays.  We also received a gift for Dani and Ryan from some family friends of my aunt who has been following Ryan's story.  To Eric and Kathy Graves, thank you so much for being so thoughtful!

Today we got out for a walk on the beach and Dave got the Christmas decorations out during Dani's nap.  Ryan has been such a good baby, just eating (we do most of his milk through the tube now, he seems to be losing interest in nursing and bottle feeding, but we'll work on it at OT), playing, and sleeping the day away.  Oh, and the best part is that he seems like he's starting to SEE things again!!  Praise God!  We have this little musical light up toy our friend April got for Ryan, and he used to be able to track it with his eyes before all the surgeries.  Today I tried it with him again and he started to follow it!!  I know it's really soon, and we won't really be able to tell what he can see quite yet, but it sure gives me lots of hope to see that!!

Thank you for continuing with the prayers.  He is getting bigger and stronger day by day and things get just a little bit easier for us.  I know it won't be long before he's running around chasing his big sister through the house!



post signature

No comments: