Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekend Update

I wish I had more to update about the CT scan, but I called the ENT office after we got home to see when we would get the results, and they said they would contact CHOC to get the pictures on Monday and should get them by later in the week.  Then they'll call us to set up an appointment.  If they don't call by Friday, I'm supposed to call them back.  Does this seem super inefficient to anyone else?  I mean, I get that this isn't life threatening, but we'd really like to know what's going on and get the ball rolling with hearing aids if they'll help him.  Wouldn't you think they'd just set an appointment for next week and work to get the pictures before then?  Or better yet, just tell us over the phone as soon as they get the pictures?  Obviously they aren't used to this impatient mommy.  I might have to call them on Tuesday just to check how things are coming along. ;)

But, I can say that Ryan did REALLY well with the sedation.  We talked about his history and I told the anesthesiologist that he had a bad reaction to Propofol last time, so they didn't even do an IV, they just used gas to put him under.  I actually got to walk all the way in with him and hold his hand while they gave him the gas and rub his fingers as he fell asleep.  It's not exactly fun to watch, but I was glad I got to hold his hand through it so he would know I was there.  I only had to wait in the waiting room for like 20 minutes, then they brought me to the recovery room.  He was already awake and looking around happily like nothing had even happened.  The nurse commented on what a happy baby he is.  The anesthesiologist came by and said that they were keeping an eye on his ST waves the whole time, and he never even had a dip, so that was good news.  After a few minutes in recovery, his sats were back to normal so they brought us back to the Short Stay Unit, where they took his stats one last time and said he was ready to go home!  It was such a great feeling to have everything go so smoothly, thank you all for the prayers and positive thoughts that helped us through the day!  I will let you know as soon as we get the results of the CT scan.  Keep praying for that miracle!!


post signature

No comments: